California Privacy Notice
This California Privacy Notice (“Notice”) is for California residents. It explains how we collect, use, and share your Personal Information and how to exercise your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
When we say “Personal Information” in this Notice, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you. Personal Information does not include information that is aggregated or information that cannot be reasonably linked to you.
How we collect, use, and share Personal Information
Here is a summary of the CCPA-related categories of Personal Information we may have collected about you over the past 12 months, depending on how you use our Products, as well as how we use it and with whom we may have shared it.
Categories of Personal Information we collect may include:
- Data with special protections, if you choose to provide it;
- Commercial information, if you choose to provide it;
- Photos and face imagery
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including content you view or engage with;
- Location-related information such as your IP address;
- Audio or visual Information, including photos and videos, if you or others choose to provide it;
- Personal biographical information, if you choose to provide it;
- Education information, if you choose to provide it;
- Information derived from other Personal Information about you, which could include your preferences, interests, and other information used to personalize your experience.
Examples of how Personal Information is used include:
- Providing, personalizing, and improving our Products;
- Facilitating transactions, providing measurement, analytics, advertising, and other business services;
- Promoting safety, integrity, and security;
- Communicating with you; and
- Researching and innovating for social good.
Parties with whom each category of Personal Information may be shared include:
- People and accounts you share and communicate with;
- People and accounts with which others share or reshare content about you;
- Apps, websites, and third-party integrations who we use to market or research our Products;
- New owners in the event of a change of ownership or control of all or part of our Products or their assets changes;
- Law enforcement or other third parties in connection with legal requests.
Sources of Personal Information
We receive Personal Information from the information that you and others provide, from your device(s), and from our partners. The categories of sources from which we’ve collected or received Personal Information include:
- You: We collect the content, communications, and other information you provide when you use our Products, including when you sign up for an account, create or share content, and message or communicate with others. We collect information about the people and groups you are connected to, and how you interact with them across our Products, such as the people you communicate with the most or the groups you are part of. We also collect information about how you use our Products, including the features you use, the actions you take, the people or accounts you interact with, and the time, frequency, and duration of your activities.
- Other people: We may also receive and analyze content, communications, and information about you that other people provide when they use our Products, such as when others call you, send a message to you, or upload, sync, or import your contact information.
- Your device(s): We collect information from and about the computers, phones, and other web-connected devices you use that integrate with our Products, and we combine this information across different devices you use.
- Partners: Partners such as Snap, Inc. provide information about your information off of Squad—including information such as your name, profile photo and the lenses of ours that you use. Partners receive your data when you visit or use their services or through third parties they work with.
How can you exercise your rights provided under the CCPA?
Under the CCPA, you have the following rights:
- Right to Know: You have the right to request that we disclose to you the Personal Information we collect, use, or disclose, and information about our data practices;
- Right to Request Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information that we have collected from you;
- Right to Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights.
To exercise your “right to know” or your “right to request deletion,” send us an email to team(at)squadapp.io.
Please note that to protect your information and the integrity of our Products, we may need to verify your identity before processing your request. In some cases we may need to collect additional information to verify your identity, such as a government issued ID.
Under the CCPA, you may exercise these rights yourself or you may designate an authorized agent to make these requests on your behalf. In most cases, we will facilitate your request through automated tools available through your password-protected account.
Contact for more information
If you have additional questions about this Notice or how to exercise your rights under the CCPA, please contact us.