3. Transparency / Notice—Types of Personal Information We Collect and How We Use It The types of Personal Information we may collect (directly from you or from Third-Party sources) and our privacy practices depend on the nature of the relationship you have with us and the requirements of applicable law. Some of the ways that we may collect Personal Information include:
- You may provide Personal Information directly to us through interacting with the Services, signing up for an account, participating in surveys, during events such as sweepstakes, and requesting Services, or information.
- As you navigate the Services, certain passive information may also be collected about your visit, including through cookies and similar technologies as described below.
We endeavor to collect only that information which is relevant for the purposes of Processing. Below are the ways we collect Personal Information and how we use it. 3.1 Types of Personal Information We Collect Olabot collects Personal Information regarding its current, prospective, and former clients, customers, Users, visitors, and guests (collectively “Individuals”).
- Information You Provide Directly to Us. When you use the Services or engage in certain activities, such as registering for an Account with us, responding to surveys, requesting Services or information, or contacting us directly, we may ask you to provide some or all of the following types of information:
- Communications with Us. We may collect Personal Information from you such as name, email address, phone number or mailing address when you choose to request information about our Services, register for an account or a promotion that we may offer from time to time, request to receive customer or technical support, or otherwise communicate with us.
- Contacts & Phone Numbers. When you give us authorization, we will access your contacts information from your address book on your mobile device or computer (“Contacts”). We will use your Contacts in order to identify other Users that you may know and to provide you or other Users with suggestions for other Users with whom you or they may want to connect or invite to join a video chat session. We may also use your Contacts with your authorization if you choose to invite your friends to sign up for the Services.
For example, the Services may indicate a Connection that you and one or more participants in a video chat session have in common which you may want to invite to join a video chat session. The Services may also suggest to another User a potential Connection based on mutual contacts. In addition, if you use your phone number to verify your account, we may use your phone number to suggest to you other Users to add as Connections or suggest you as a potential Connection to other Users based on the Contacts they upload. Note, however, that we will never share your phone number or the phone numbers of third parties in your Contacts with anyone else. - Registration for Sweepstakes or Contests. Occasionally, Olabot may run sweepstakes and contests. We ask those who enter in the sweepstakes or contests to provide contact information (e.g., an e-mail address). If you participate in a sweepstakes or contest, your contact information may be used to reach you about the sweepstakes or contest, and for other promotional, marketing and business purposes. In accordance with the laws of your jurisdiction, as a participant you will have the opportunity to opt-out of any communications that are not related to awarding prizes.
- Automatic Data Collection. We may collect certain information automatically through our Services or other methods of web analysis, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising identifiers, MAC address, IMEI, and other device identifiers that are automatically assigned to your computer or device when you access the Internet, browser type and language, geo-location information, hardware type, operating system, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the Services, the date and time of your visit, the amount of time you spend on each page, information about the links you click and pages you view within the Services, and other actions taken through use of the Services such as preferences.
- Information Submitted Via Services. You agree that Olabot is free to use the content of any communications ubmitted by you via the Services, including any ideas, inventions, concepts, techniques, or know-how disclosed therein, for any purpose including developing, manufacturing, and/or marketing goods or Services. We will not release your name or otherwise publicize the fact that you submitted materials or other information to us unless: (a) you grant us permission to do so; (b) we first send notice to you that the materials or other information you submit to a particular part of a Service will be published or otherwise used with your name on it; or (c) we are required to do so by law.
- Information from Other Sources. We may receive information about you from other sources, including through Third-Party services and organizations to supplement information provided by you. For example, if you access our Services through a Third-Party application, such as an App Store or SNS, we may collect information about you from that Third-Party application that you have made public via your privacy settings. Information we collect through App Stores or SNS accounts may include your name, your SNS user identification number, your SNS user name, location, sex, birth date, email, profile picture, and your contacts on the SNS. This supplemental information allows us to verify information that you have provided to us and to enhance our ability to provide you with information about our business, products, and Services.
3.2 How We Use Your Information Our primary goals in collecting Personal Information are to provide and improve our Services, to administer your use of the Services (including your account, if you are a User), and to enable you to enjoy and easily navigate our Services. We acquire, hold, use, and Process Personal Information about Individuals for a variety of business purposes, including:
To Provide Products, Services, or Information Requested. We may use information about you to fulfill requests for products, Services, or information, including information about potential or future Services, including to:
- Generally manage Individual information and Accounts; - Respond to questions, comments, and other requests; - Provide access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Services; - Contact you to answer requests for customer support or technical support;
Administrative Purposes. We may use Personal Information about you for its administrative purposes, including to: - Measure interest in our Services; - Develop new products and Services; - Ensure internal quality control; - Verify Individual identity; - Communicate about Individual accounts and activities on our Services and systems, and, in our discretion, changes to any Olabot policy; - Send email to the email address you provide to us to verify your Account and for informational and operational purposes, such as Account management, customer service, or system maintenance; - Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities; - Enforce our Terms.
Marketing Our Products and Services. We may use Personal Information to provide you with materials about offers, products, and Services that may be of interest, including new content or Services. We may provide you with these materials by phone, or email, as permitted by applicable law. Such uses include: - To tailor content, advertisements, and offers; - To notify you about offers, products, and services that may be of interest to you; - To provide Services to you and our sponsors; - For other purposes disclosed at the time that Individuals provide Personal Information; or - Otherwise with your consent.
Although we make good faith efforts to provide Individuals with access to their Personal Information, there may be circumstances in which we are unable to provide access, including but not limited to: where the information contains legal privilege, would compromise others’ privacy or other legitimate rights, where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the Individual’s privacy in the case in question or where it is commercially proprietary. If we determine that access should be restricted in any particular instance, we will provide you with an explanation of why that determination has been made and a contact point for any further inquiries. To protect your privacy, we will take commercially reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to or making any changes to your Personal Information.
By using the Services or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on or via the Services or sending an e-mail to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing.
If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your information to the United States and to Processing of your data globally. By providing your Personal Information, you consent to any transfer and Processing in accordance with this Policy.
10. Children’s Privacy The Services are not directed to children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13 years of age. If you are under the age of 13 you must have your parent’s permission to access the Services. We urge parents to instruct their children never to give out their real names, addresses, or phone numbers, without parental permission, when online. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may alert us at email@example.com. If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information from children under 13 without verifiable parental consent, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.
If you are a California resident, you can learn more about your consumer privacy rights by reviewing the California Privacy Notice.
12.3 AR Data We may also use information from Apple’s TrueDepth camera to improve the quality of our AR experiences. Information from the TrueDepth camera is used in real time—we don’t store this information on our servers or share it with third parties.