These Terms of Service (“Terms”) are between you and Olabot, Inc (“Squad”). These Terms govern your access to and use of our Squad services, including our Squad mobile applications (“Apps”), our websites, including the website located at http://squadapp.io (collectively, the “Services”).
ARBITRATION NOTICE: UNLESS YOU OPT OUT OF ARBITRATION WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE DATE YOU FIRST AGREE TO THESE TERMS BY FOLLOWING THE OPT-OUT PROCEDURE SPECIFIED IN SECTION 12 (“DISPUTE RESOLUTION”), AND EXCEPT FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DISPUTES DESCRIBED IN SECTION 12, YOU AGREE THAT DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND OLABOT WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AND YOU ARE WAIVING YOUR RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS ACTION OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING.These Terms of Service (“Terms”) are between you and Olabot, Inc (“Squad”). These Terms govern your access to and use of our Squad services, including our Squad mobile applications (“Apps”), our websites, including the website located at http://squadapp.io (collectively, the “Services”).
ARBITRATION NOTICE: UNLESS YOU OPT OUT OF ARBITRATION WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE DATE YOU FIRST AGREE TO THESE TERMS BY FOLLOWING THE OPT-OUT PROCEDURE SPECIFIED IN SECTION 12 (“DISPUTE RESOLUTION”), AND EXCEPT FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DISPUTES DESCRIBED IN SECTION 12, YOU AGREE THAT DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND OLABOT WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AND YOU ARE WAIVING YOUR RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS ACTION OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING.
1. Basic Terms
You may use the Services only if you can form a binding contract with Olabot and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction. If you are accepting these Terms and using the Services on behalf of a company, organization, government, or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to do so. You may use the Services only in compliance with these Terms and all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations.
Agreement to Terms
Your access to and use of the Services is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. By accessing or using the Services you agree to be bound by these Terms. The Services that Olabot provides are always evolving and the form and nature of the Services may change from time to time without prior notice to you. In addition, Olabot may stop (permanently or temporarily) providing the Services (or any features within the Services) to you or to users generally and may not be able to provide you with prior notice. We also retain the right to create limits on use and storage at our sole discretion at any time without prior notice to you.
If you want to use certain features of the Services you’ll have to create an account and become a registered user (“User”). It’s important that you provide us with accurate, complete and up-to-date information for your account and you agree to update such information, as needed, to keep it accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you don’t, we might have to suspend or terminate your account. We reserve the right to force forfeiture of any username for any reason.
You are responsible for safeguarding the password or credentials that you use to access the Services and for any activities or actions under your account. We encourage you to use “strong” passwords (passwords that use a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols) with your account. Olabot cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above requirements. You’re responsible for all activities that occur under your account, whether or not you know about them.
The Services may include advertisements, which may be targeted to the content or information on the Services, queries made through the Services, or other information. The types and extent of advertising by Olabot on the Services are subject to change. In consideration for Olabot granting you access to and use of the Services, you agree that Olabot and its subsidiary, third party providers and partners may place such advertising on the Services or in connection with the display of content or information from the Services whether submitted by you or others.
As part of providing you the Services, we may need to provide you with certain communications, such as service announcements and administrative messages. These communications are considered part of the Services and your account, which you may not be able to opt-out from receiving.
3. Using the Services
The Services enable you to participate in video chats with and send messages to other Users. When you use the App, you will be able to join a video chat with a User with whom you are connected on the Services (each a “Connection”). You can add Connections by inviting them to connect on the Services.
If you choose to import your personal contacts from your mobile device we will access your personal contacts in order to identify Users that you may know that are using the Services and to provide other Users with suggestions for potential Connections based on mutual contacts.
We may offer you the opportunity to invite your Connections or other contacts to join your video chats or otherwise enjoy the Services. If you choose to add a friend Olabot will send the Connection an invitation using text messaging (SMS). You may send invitations via the messaging functionality on your device or through text messages generated by the Services. If you choose to send such invitations, you represent to Olabot that the recipients of such invitations have consented to receive such messages from you, and that those recipients do not consider such messages unwanted or unsolicited.
4. Content On the Services
For purposes of these Terms: (i) “Content” means text, graphics, images, music, software, audio, video, works of authorship of any kind, and information or other materials that are posted, generated, provided or otherwise made available through the Services; and (ii) “User Content” means any Content that you provide or import to be made available through the Services. Content includes, without limitation, User Content.
All Content, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person who originated such Content. We may, but are not required to monitor or control the Content posted via the Services and we cannot take responsibility for such Content. Any use or reliance on any Content or materials posted via the Services or obtained by you through the Services is at your own risk.
We do not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any Content or communications posted via the Services or endorse any opinions expressed via the Services. You understand that by using the Services, you may be exposed to Content that might be offensive, harmful, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate, or in some cases, postings that have been mislabeled or are otherwise deceptive. Under no circumstances will Olabot be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Services or broadcast elsewhere.
5. Rights in the Services and Content
Olabot does not claim any ownership rights in any User Content. You retain your rights to any User Content you submit, post or display on or through the Services. Subject to your ownership of your User Content, all right, title, and interest in and to the Services and Content are and will remain the exclusive property of Olabot and its licensors (including other Users). The Services are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both the United States and foreign countries. Olabot reserves all rights not expressly granted in these Terms.
Rights in Content Granted by You
In order to make the Services available to you and other Users, Olabot needs a license from you. By submitting, posting or displaying User Content on or through the Services, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display and distribute such Content in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed). Notwithstanding the foregoing and any other provision in these Terms, the content of your video chat sessions will only be used by us for the purpose of providing you the Services and for no other purpose.
We may modify or adapt your Content in order to transmit, display or distribute it over computer networks and in various media and/or make changes to your Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that Content to any requirements or limitations of any networks, devices, services or media.
You are responsible for your use of the Services, for any User Content you provide, and for any consequences thereof, including the use of your User Content by other Users with whom you participate in a video chat. You should only provide User Content that you are comfortable sharing with others under these Terms. Olabot will not be responsible or liable for any use of your User Content by Olabot in accordance with these Terms. You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the rights granted herein to any User Content that you submit. You also represent and warrant that neither your User Content, nor your use and provision of your User Content to be made available through the Services, nor any use of your User Content by Olabot on or through the Services will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
Rights in Content Granted by Olabot
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, Olabot grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access and view the Content posted by other Users via the Services solely in connection with your permitted use of the Services and solely for your personal and non-commercial purposes.
You acknowledge and agree that any feedback, comments, or suggestions you may provide regarding Olabot, or the Services is entirely voluntary and we will be free to use such feedback, comments or suggestions as we see fit and without any obligation to you.
6. Olabot Rights
Rights in App Granted by Olabot
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, Olabot grants you a limited non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to download and install a copy of the App on any mobile device or computer that you own or control and to run such copy of the App solely for your own personal, non-commercial purposes. You may not copy the App, except for making a reasonable number of copies for backup or archival purposes. Except as expressly permitted in these Terms, you may not: (i) copy, modify or create derivative works based on the App; (ii) distribute, transfer, sublicense, lease, lend or rent the App to any third party; (iii) reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the App; or (iv) make the functionality of the App available to multiple users through any means. Olabot reserves all rights in and to the App not expressly granted to you under these Terms.
Additional Terms for App Store Apps
If you accessed or downloaded the App from the Apple App Store, then you agree to use the App only: (i) on an Apple-branded product or device that runs iOS (Apple’s proprietary operating system software); and (ii) as permitted by the “Usage Rules” set forth in the Apple Store Terms of Service.
If you accessed or downloaded the App from any app store or distribution platform (like the Apple App Store or Google Play) (each, an “App Provider”), then you acknowledge and agree that:
These Terms are concluded between you and Olabot, and not with App Provider, and that, as between Olabot and the App Provider, Olabot, is solely responsible for the App.
- App Provider and its subsidiaries are third-party beneficiaries of these Terms as related to your license of the App, and that, upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of these Terms, App Provider will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms as related to your license of the App against you as a third party beneficiary thereof.
- You must also comply with all applicable third-party terms of service when using the App.
- You agree to comply with all U.S. and foreign export laws and regulations to ensure that neither the App nor any technical data related thereto nor any direct product thereof is exported or re-exported directly or indirectly in violation of, or used for any purposes prohibited by, such laws and regulations. By using the App you represent and warrant that: (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
7. Restrictions On Content And Use Of The Services
We reserve the right at all times (but will not have an obligation) to remove or refuse to distribute any Content on the Services and to suspend and or terminate Users or reclaim usernames without liability to you.
You may NOT post Content that:
- Impersonates another person or entity in a manner that does or is intended to mislead, confuse, or deceive others;
- Violates the rights of a third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, and publicity rights;
- Promotes discrimination, hatred or harm against any individual or group;
- Is a direct and specific threat of violence to others;
- Is defamatory, obscene or pornographic;
- Is furtherance of illegal activities; or
- Is harassing, abusive, or constitutes spam.
You may not do any of the following while accessing or using the Services:
- access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Services, Olabot’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of Olabot providers;
- probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures;
- access or search or attempt to access or search the Services by any means (automated or otherwise) other than through our currently available, published interfaces that are provided by Olabot (and only pursuant to those terms and conditions), unless you have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement with Olabot (NOTE: scraping the Services without the prior consent of Olabot is expressly prohibited);
- forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or posting, or in any way use the Services to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- interfere with, or disrupt, (or attempt to do so), the access of any User, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, mail-bombing the Services, or by scripting the creation of Content in such a manner as to interfere with or create an undue burden on the Services.
- use, display, mirror or frame the Services or any individual element within the Services, Olabot’s name, any Olabot trademark, logo or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page, without Olabot’s express written consent;
- avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by Olabot or any of Olabot’s providers or any other third party (including another User) to protect the Services or Content;
- attempt to access or search the Services or Content or download Content from the Services through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than the software and/or search agents provided by Olabot or other generally available third-party web browsers;
- send any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, email, junk mail, spam, chain letters or other form of solicitation;
- use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing an Olabot trademark, logo URL or product name without Olabot’s express written consent;
- use the Services or Content, or any portion thereof, for any commercial purpose or for the benefit of any third party or in any manner not permitted by these Terms;
- attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Services or Content;
- collect or store any personally identifiable information from the Services from other Users of the Services without their express permission;
- violate any applicable law or regulation; or
- encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the foregoing.
8. DMCA/Copyright Policy
Olabot respects copyright law and expects its Users to do the same. It is Olabot’s policy to terminate in appropriate circumstances Users who repeatedly infringe or are believed to be repeatedly infringing the rights of copyright holders. Please see Olabot’s Copyright Policy, for further information.
9. Ending These Terms
The Terms will continue to apply until terminated by either you or Olabot as follows. You may end your legal agreement with Olabot at any time for any reason by deactivating your account and discontinuing your use of the Services. In order to deactivate your account, please contact us at email@example.com.
We may suspend or terminate your account or cease providing you with all or part of the Services at any time for any reason, including, but not limited to, if we reasonably believe: (i) you have violated these Terms, (ii) you create risk or possible legal exposure for us; or (iii) our provision of the Services to you is no longer commercially viable. We will make reasonable efforts to notify you by the email address associated with your account or through the Services the next time you attempt to access your account.
Nothing in this section shall affect Olabot’s rights to change, limit or stop the provision of the Services without prior notice, as provided above in Section 1.
You will indemnify and hold harmless Olabot and its officers, directors, employee and agents, from and against any claims, disputes, demands, liabilities, damages, losses, and costs and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees arising out of or in any way connected with (i) your access to or use of the Services or Content, (ii) your User Content, or (iii) your violation of these Terms.
11. Disclaimers And Limitations Of Liability
Please read this section carefully since it limits the liability of Olabot and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies, officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, partners, and licensors (collectively, the “Olabot Entities”). Each of the subsections below only applies up to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties or the limitation of liability in contracts, and as a result the contents of this section may not apply to you. Nothing in this section is intended to limit any rights you may have which may not be lawfully limited.
The Services are Available “AS-IS”
Your access to and use of the Services or any Content is at your own risk. You understand and agree that the Services is provided to you on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. Without limiting the foregoing, OLABOT ENTITIES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Olabot Entities make no warranty and disclaim all responsibility and liability for: (i) the completeness, accuracy, availability, timeliness, security or reliability of the Services or any Content; (ii) any harm to your computer system, loss of data, or other harm that results from your access to or use of the Services, or any Content (including without limitation any unlawful use of the Services); (iii) the deletion of, or the failure to store or to transmit, any Content and other communications maintained by the Services; (iv) whether the Services will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained from Olabot Entities or through the Services, will create any warranty not expressly made herein.
Terms of Service